I just submitted my site to Technorati for inclusion in their blog directory, and got token. I confused how to implementing Technorati;s claim token -- mine is YNMUR49KYAD8 -- but the final step was not clear than it need to be, so here are the steps:
1. Go to Technorati and log-in or sign up for account.
2. Fill out the required field.
- On your profile, scroll down to the "My Claimed blogs" and add the URL of your blog.
- On the next page, fill in all of the required details of your blog and proceed to the next step which leads to a “Blog claimed status” page.
- Submit it.
You will receive an email that says the following (or something similiar) :
" Thank you for submitting your blog claim on Technorati. Technorati will need to verify that you are an author of the site http://your-blog-url.com by looking for a unique code. We have just assigned the claim token XXXXXXXXXXXX to this claim. Please visit http://technorati.com/account/ for more details, including how to use the claim token."
So , you back to your account page for more details on how to use the claim token – but wait, when you return to your profile there are no additional details on how to use your claim token.
So I turned to Google for “how to use technorati claim token” and found their FAQ on blog claiming (though it would have been useful to include it in the email or account section).
So the last steps are to:
- Write a blog post (such as this) and include your 12-digit technorati claim token in the body of the post, near the beginning (hence my code at the top)
- Return to your account page, scroll to the bottom, and click the button to “Check Claim”
Here you can read from Technorati's FAQ.